In case you missed it an Egyptian Cobra went missing from it’s cage at the Bronx Zoo on Friday, March 27th, 2011. The viper promptly went on a whirlwind tour of New York City posting updates of her escapades on her new Twitter account (@BronxZoosCobra). The wayward reptile was later found in the reptile house of the zoo. Here are a few of her Tweets (Hisses?).
- I want to thank those animals from the movie “Madagascar.” They were a real inspiration.
- Want to clear up a misconception. I’m not poisonous as has been reported. I’m venomous. Super venomous, but not poisonous so don’t worry.
- A lot of people are asking how I can tweet with no access to a computer or fingers. Ever heard of an iPhone? Duh.
- Holding very still in the snake exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. This is gonna be hilarious!
- Rockefeller Plaza is amaz….wait…OMG! Tina Fey totally just walked by me! HUUUUGE FAN!
- Leaving Wall Street. These guys make my skin crawl.
- Dear @CharlieSheen, know what’s better than tiger’s blood? Cobra venom. Also I’m 20 inches long. Just sayin’.
- Anyone know of a good vegan restaurant near Union Square?
- I agree with Brett Favre. Snakes should be set free!
- It’s getting pretty cold out. I think it’s probably time to crash. Oh look, an apartment window someone left open just a crack. Perfect!
- Enjoying a cupcake @magnoliabakery. This is going straight to my hips. Oh, wait. I don’t have hips. Yesss!
- Can you hear me now? RT @SteveMartinToGo Phone rings. Caller ID: Bronx Zoo. It’s the snake. Hard to hear. Lots of hissing on line.
- Taking the Sex and the City Tour!!! I’m totally a SSSamantha
- At Planet Rose in the East Village to get my karaoke on. Gonna sing some “White Snake.”
- City may not sleep, but I’m ready to. Ooh a chimney! I bet you bragged to your friends about having a working fireplace in NYC. Hi roomie.
- If you see a bag of peanuts inexplicably moving along the ground at Yankee Stadium today. Just ignore it. It’s probably nothing.
A live feed of the Cobra’s Last 10 Tweets: